Saturday, March 12, 2016

Intro

                            Welcome to butterflyminiatures!


                                   On my blog you can find cute clay creations and pictures!



This is my first time creating a blog and I hope the people that view my blog enjoy it and find inspiration from it. In my blog you can see pictures of miniature food, pastries, Starbucks themed clay pieces, and much more. One thing that you should know about me is that I love Starbucks and I make a lot of Starbucks clay pieces. Most of the charms you see below are going to be in my future etsy shop. The pictures below are clay creations that I have made so far. 


 Avocados
First, I have made some small avocados. The one on the left side has a tiny seed in it and the one on the right does not have a seed in it. The are about 1/4 of an inch long. How I made them is I rolled light green clay into an egg shaped oval and I covered the back and the sides with thin black clay. Then, I poked a tiny circle with a ball tool in the middle of the green side of the avocado and then I took an even tinier piece of light hazelnut colored clay and placed the ball inside of the hole. When I made the one without any brown seed in it I followed the same steps except I did not make the small brown seed.





Strawberry Cake
Second, I made a small strawberry cake. The cake is on a small plate, there are about eight roses on the dollops, and in the center is a small dollop with two small strawberries on top. It is about one inch long. How I made this is I got a round piece of pink clay and flattened it and put a white plate on the bottom. Then, I put eight dollops on the perimeter of the cake and I put a single dollop in the center or middle. I shaped some pink clay into a rose type shape and placed them on the dollops on the perimeter. After that I shaped red clay into a strawberry type shape and placed it in the center or middle dollop. Last, I shaped some green clay into a leaf shape and placed it on the center or middle dollop. I baked everything and I had my finished clay piece.




Narwhales 
Third, I made some cute narwhales. I basically made a whale but with a with a horn or whatever you want to call it on the top. Each narwhale is about one inch long. I made this by getting blue clay and shaping it into a whale shape and then adding a small oval of blue clay to the middle of the whale for the fin. Then, I placed a small piece of black clay for the eye and added an even smaller piece of white clay for the pupil of the eye. Afterwards, I added a tiny piece of pink clay for the whale's cheek. Then, I added the tiny white horn on top of the head and made small cuts in the middle of the horn. I baked it and then I had my finished clay piece.





Starbucks Latte Drink
Fourth, I made my favorite, Starbucks latte!!!! It is literally just a small cup or mug that is filled with latte drink and then some caramel sauce to top it off. The amazing Starbucks drink is about 1/2 of an inch and the height is also 1/2 and inch. To make this I, rolled some white clay into a thin but fat piece of clay for the cup and rolled out a very thin piece of white clay for the handle and attached the handle with a ball tool. Next, I added in a small amount of white clay on the inside of the cup, not filling it all the way so I could leave room for the caramel sauce. Then, I rolled out a really thin and long piece of gold/brown piece of clay and swirled it around the cup. Last, I baked it and that was my finished piece.




Kawaii Instagram Camera
Fifth, I made the best Instagram camera!!!! I absolutely love Instagram! I just made a camera that is pink and added a heart for the eye piece and added rainbow stripes to the top left of the camera. The Instagram camera is about 1/2 of an inch long.  How I made it is I got a piece of pink clay and shaped it into a square shape and I covered the top half with a thin sheet of white clay. Then, I added a tiny heart for the eye pice on the top right of the camera and I added the rainbow stripes on to the top left part of the camera. Next, I got some black clay and shaped it into a circle shape. Afterwards, I put a thin piece of pink clay around the perimeter/outside of the camera part. Last, I added tiny pieces of white clay to the top right of the camera part for the glare of the sun or light reflecting. I baked it and then I had my finished piece.




Disney Character Cupcakes
Sixth, I made three disney character cupcakes. I made Dumbo, Mike from Monster Inc., and Daisy from Mickey Mouse. I basically made the cupcake base and put the character face with the little fingers/hands. Each one is about 1/2 of an inch long and 1/2 of an inch high. I am only going to explain how to make Daisy because it would take a long time to describe how I made each one. How I made this is I made the basic cupcake base with purple colored clay and I put a thin piece of clay shaped as a circle for the head. Next, I  put two small pieces of yellow clay together to form the mouth and I used black clay for the eyes. Then, I put to oval shaped pieces of pink clay together and put an even smaller piece in the middle for the bow. Last, I put two white circle shaped pieces of clay for the fingers/hands. I baked it and then I had my finished piece.






Mini Creampuffs
Seventh, I made my favorite french desserts to eat, creampuffs!!! It's literally making mini burgers  but with a softer bread and whipped cream inside. Each creampuff is about 1/2 of an inch long and 1/4 of an inch high. I made this by, getting a flat piece of peach or apricot colored clay and shaping it into a circle shape and I did the same thing to the second circle at the bottom for the bread or top of the creampuff. Next, I filled the inside with white clay and I made the swirls with a texturing tool. Then, I added a thin piece of light brown clay for the chocolate sauce. The chocolate sauce is optional but I made two with chocolate sauce and two without chocolate sauce. Then I baked them and I had my finished piece.




Croissants
Eighth, I made also one of my favorite french desserts, croissants!! I think the reason they call it croissant is because it looks like a crescent moon and the names sound very alike. Making these are really simple and I recommend if you are a beginner then these should be one of your first charms. Each croissant is about 3/4 of an inch and the height is way to small for me to measure. To make this I, got out some peach or apricot colored clay and I shaped it into sort of a crescent moon shape. Then, I got the corners and pinched them so that they were smaller than the rest of the croissant. Last, I added some markings or lines to the top of it. I baked it and then had my finished croissant piece.





Those are some of the clay charms that I have made but I have many more to show and I hope that you enjoy looking at the pictures of some of my creations and I hope my charms inspire you.

































No comments:

Post a Comment