Thursday, March 17, 2016

Vacation

                  I Went to Washington DC!




For spring break I went to Washington DC and I really enjoyed going there. I wish I could have extended the trip for a longer time but I really wanted to go back home too. I hope you enjoy some of the pictures of Washington DC.




Mt. Vernon
First when I went to Mt. Vernon I took a tour through George Washington's house. It was very old and there were lots of antique items there in the house. I looked through the bedrooms, dining rooms, ball room, office and much more.



















Spy Museum
Second, I went to the spy museum in Washington DC. There were old gadgets and clothes that have been used on a real spy mission by real spies. The tour guide brought me to the small theatre it showed the advantages and disadvantages of being a spy. It was very interesting and some of the items in the museum were James Bond clothes and gadgets.






 
















Pentagon Memorial
Third, I went to the memorial outside of the Pentagon. I wanted to take pictures inside the Pentagon but they were very private about it and said that photos weren't allowed or was it that my phone had died? I forgot so it is either one of those reasons that I couldn't take pictures inside the Pentagon but I could take pictures outside of it. When I was inside the Pentagon the tour guide talked about the history of the Pentagon and what happened when a plane crashed inside the Pentagon and the memorial outside were markings of the people that died there. The tour guide said that the youngest person that died at the Pentagon was three and the oldest was seventy two. The pictures below are things that the families and friends left on the marking for the person.

















Library of Congress
Fourth, I went to the beautiful Library of Congress. There were a lot of books in there and there was an awesome view when you stood on the balcony. There were lots of paintings on the walls and lots of statues. Unfortunately, I was not able to take as many pictures as I had planned because my phone had died but I still took a few while my phone had low batteries. The tour guide told me that Thomas Jefferson had given most of his books away to the Library of Congress because he was really disappointed that the books had gotten burned in a war. Sadly, there was another fire that took place at the Library of Congress, 2/3 of Thomas Jefferson's books were burned when the fire took place. Now, 1/3 of Jefferson's books remain in the Library of Congress.






















Animal Museum
Fifth, I went to a museum that was filled with statues and info about animals and sadly I forgot what it was called. But it was a very interesting museum with all the strange animal statues inside. I saw mostly marine animals in the museum but I also saw some different animals that live in forests and other habitats.



















































And......................... for some reason I took a picture of this barbie doll that I saw in a glass case.



Arlington Cemetery
Sixth, I went to the Arlington Cemetery were I rode in a small trolley and the tour guide talked about the different monuments and graves in the cemetery.





















                                       The White House
Last, I went to The White House!!!!!! It was a very interesting building and I wish I could've been able to go inside of it but sadly I couldn't. On the top right there is a sniper on The White House. There are some side views on The White House.










There was this lady sitting outside near The White House with an umbrella that had a piechart about where our taxes or money goes to and there is more money going to buying guns and other weapons then there is money going to kid's education. She said that she was protesting on that there should be more money going to kid's education than there is to weapons. I agree and disagree with her. I agree because when need more money for scholarships for college and other educational things like that. I disagree because the army needs more weapons to defend our country and they need more defense for our safety. She sewed a big piechart of the umbrella and here is s picture of what it looked like. 



Those were the last photos I took of Washington DC. I hope you enjoyed looking at the photos and maybe you will want to take a trip to Washington DC this summer or next spring break. Bye!!!!!



2 comments: